This is a voluntary post which requires you to give up your valuable time to assist with the smooth running of the girls section. The role is vital as the Secretary is one of the most important roles in a club or league. The main point of contact for Hertfordshire FA, team managers and clubs/leagues, the Secretary will look after the administration for the club.
The secretary role is very rewarding as it offers great understanding of how the whole club works and will allow the person who takes the role to influence the direction that the club is taking.
This is a very exciting time in the clubs history with more players than ever and a girls section that is expanding and offering girls from 5-18 the opportunity to play football. The Secretary is pivotal in communicating with the committee, coaches, parents and players.
Main roles for the Girls secretary role;
• Liaison between Hertfordshire FA and the club – point of contact for Herts FA who may have enquiries.
• Liaison between the league and the club – ensuring intention forms, club details, meeting dates and any other issues are either completed or forwarded to the club committee. Monitoring of a gmail secretary account is essential to ensure timely completion and dissemination of information. (Tournament information is sent out this way and should be monitored by secretary)
• Attending committee meetings and taking detailed minutes and ensuring that any actions allocated are met. There are normally club committee meetings at the start, middle and end of the season. The venue and agenda are arranged by the secretary. There are also coaches meetings that should be attended in order to minute and ensure actions are met, as well as being on hand to answer questions. There are often more meetings than that and it is essential that the secretary manages the flow of information from the committee to coaches, admins, socials, parents etc.
• League meetings are normally attended by the chair but useful if the secretary can attend.
• Bury FC AGM, and other joint meetings that are held with both boys and girls sections. The main club secretary deals with many issues for the girls section but moving forward it would be useful for the girls side to take on as much as possible ( discipline, WGS, etc. )
Excellent communication and organisational skills are required for this post as there is a need to ensure those minutes are accurate, disseminated quickly and actions followed up.
If you feel that have the requisite skills outlined please contact Jeff Bhadesia on 07961 990973 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 00:24 - 29 Jul 2018 by Simon Standing